Wednesday 14 January 2009

Take a break

Yesterday I was out for whole day. For lunch, I met up with an ex-colleague. She brought me to a Singapore cuisine at Kerry Centre Shanghai and we ordered the chicken rice - 海南鸡饭. The chicken "rice" tastes like the home cook style back at home. Yummy.... It comes with a bowl of soup and 3 types of sauces - chili, ginger & black soya sauce, my favorite. However, there is a lot of MSG because I felt quite thirsty later on. I saw a lot of people ordered the Bak Kut Teh but my friend told me the BKT is not really nice because they uses black pepper based soup. Hmm hmm.. Singapore food....

After meal, we went for shopping, there are sales everywhere, Esprit 50% off, Zara 50% off. I was so tempted to buy the clothes, bags, shoes etc and finally I couldn't resist ended up with a Zara Bag, ngek ngek. Shhh.... mustn't tell Chew Chin.

Later on, I went to meet Hwai Chuin for dinner. We ate at the food court, Food Republic in Raffles City. We shared a hot pot of beef and mushroom. Somehow I always think cooking oil must be very cheap in Shanghai. Can you see the reflection of the oil in the hotpot?

No comments:

Post a Comment