Wednesday 14 January 2009

肉干记 - Bak Kua

This is my second attempt to bake the bak kua. The first trial was failed because I didn't drain access water in the meat properly and resulted I over baked the bak kua in order to make it dry. Thus, I am "boh kam muan" and now this is the second attempt. I referred the recipe at ohbin's blog (http://ohbin.blogspot.com/2008/10/ohbin-bah-kuah.html) and twister's blog (http://twister733.blogspot.com/2009/01/twister_12.html).

Honestly, I still can't get the proper taste this time, I think it's not salty and sweet enough (because I "cho gao gao" reduced one tea spoon of soya sauce). It does smell like bak kua but the taste wise is a bit out. Should I have another third attempt? At this moment, I think I will go straight to 美珍香 and get a packet instead. The process of baking and cleaning is a bit tiring :P.

3 comments:

  1. I did come across a bak kua recipe in someone blog and i copied the recipe. I was thinking to try one day. but after i think think think, it is better go out to buy la... hehhe....
    but for you, you should have a 3rd attemp. you are so near to success now... hehhee...

    ReplyDelete