Tuesday 17 February 2009

My Beloved Braised Chicken with Potato - 薯仔鸡

Long time ago when I studied in Perth, my housemate used to cook a dish called 薯仔鸡. It's one of my favourite. As I am picking my cooking now, I tried to recall how she cooked this dish. Apparently, it still turned out GOOD without any recipe reference. Ha! Yen Yen, can you see it?
I fried the garlic and small onion, subsequently with the chicken and potato awhile. Then, put into a pot, add some water, oyster sauce, dark soya sauce and sugar. Small heat until the chicken is cooked.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my family favorite dish. From how it looks, i think it taste delicious. My mom cook it this way as well.
    Next time you can tried to braised "sam cang bak" (3 layer fat pork)... my mom put sam cang bak, hard boiled egg, if got those hard tofu, will put that too, put the whole garlic, a lot of dark thick soya sauce.... yummy yummy.... hokkien favorites.

    ReplyDelete