Monday 29 June 2009

Annual War

Since three years ago, I am very scared of this particular day in the year - last Saturday of June. Often, a lot of comments come out in the AGM like these.......

"Your company doens't have a system, it's so poor manage.... Board of directors don't know what they doing..... " "hmm... the Company has been incorporated for 30 years and if no system, I really don't know how they survive till now"

"What??!!?? You all got 13 million turnover and only get a net profit of 12k, mah as well no need to work. Last year you got 12 million and has 100K profit so by looking at it, next year - 2009 u said going to have 15 million, the Company sure make loses lor......" "........."

"I really think you all no need to do lah, every year also 3% dividend.... what is this?!!!??." "Since the Company incorporated, the Board has distributed more than 100% dividend plus additional bonus issued to the shareholders, technically speaking, they already got 100% back on what they invested. Despite profit or loss, the Company has been giving dividend at least 3% each year......"

Other than these very mean comments, the Management are required to show detailed profit and loss to the shareholders and explaining every big variances and the rationale of spending the money. Been questioned like we are stealing the money and I really feel like been striped naked one by one with the questions.

Attending this AGM is actually like attending a war, shareholders come in with the mindset that I AM THE INVESTOR, the Company is USING MY MONEY. MY MONEY YOU KNOW (ya, the money they invested 25-30 years ago)

Honestly, it's a culture shock and heart aching process for me to attending the AGM for the first time 3 years ago. I didn't know the existence of barbarians in this world and worse come to worse, they are my relatives. No one is perfect in this world, I understand there are some shortfalls on the Management and the communication style in the Company, however for a Company to survive for 30 years, there is a way and a reason. The Directors have been hands on to do many things, they work hard towards the bottom line for the Company, worry about the sales, the expenses and in return, they are questioned by the shareholders every year on their competency and listened to those harsh comments.

I choose to believe in past life, my father must have did something bad towards these people and this life is the repayment and get all these disrespect acts from them. The AGM is really haunted me since I set my foot there 3 years ago. Even so, I know I will still attending in future and I just want to be there, not as a shareholder or director, just as a daughter to protect my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment