Tuesday 12 May 2009

Lomantic Chicken Rice Dinner

I have been eyeing on this Ohbin's recipe on Hainanese Chicken Rice for quite sometimes but don't have time to try. Since I just came back from my home trip and have been refreshed without 2 weeks cooking, I decided to give a try and we had a "lomantic" chicken rice dinner for the actual date of our registration anniversary. :D
Since just two of us, I bought two drumsticks for the meal. Based on Ohbin's recipe, I actually boiled the chicken, then soaked into cold water and it turned out to be quite nice, neither undercook or "old". For the chicken rice, it's a little bit less aroma perhaps not enough garlic and onion as well as oil (I put not much oil to fry it). I also boiled an ABC soup which is my all time favourite.

Chew Chin only gave me 7 marks out of 10 because I've yet to learn how to prepare the chicken rice chili sauce. Duhh......
Yes, I need a full set of meal including the must have sauces to impress him.

1 comment:

  1. You can start by buying the ready made chili first lor. like that, cckok may give u 8 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete